First Presbyterian Church – Kingwood invites senior adults (ages 50+) who are “young at heart” to join others at the same stage of life for uplifting fellowship. Come by the Senior Table set up in the Fellowship Hall every Sunday to see what we have going on and to sign up for upcoming events.
- The 1st Tuesday of each month we meet at a local restaurant at noon for a time of food and fellowship. Be sure and sign up so we can reserve a spot for you!
- Fellowship Connection: Fellowship Connection is a group of caring individuals or couples who desire to reach out to our homebound seniors or those in local retirement communities. We take meals (provided by Evangelism Cooking Ministry), visit and send cards to those who have difficulty or find it impossible to join us in church on Sunday.
- Cooking: If you enjoy cooking there is a team that meets monthly as needed to cook, box up and freeze meals for those who are sick and homebound.
Weekly Bible Studies: We have weekly Bible studies at Landon Ridge and Watercrest Retirement and Assisted Living facilities and a monthly study at Cypress Woods. We would love to have you join us and even teachoccasionally if you feel comfortable doing so.
- Sing-a-long: Every Thursday morning a group of us goes over to Silverado to sing hymns with the memory care residents and interact with them. We would welcome any who want to join us.
- Sunday Worship Services: Every Sunday at 10:30 we have a short worship service at Landon Ridge both for residents in memory care unit, their families, and people on the assisted living side who can no longer get to church. If you go to one of the earlier services and would like to help in this ministry we would welcome you.
Lift Ministry: The Lift Ministry members help those requiring assistance and our seniors who come from neighboring retirement centers into the building on Sunday mornings.
If you have a need, or know someone who does, or for more information, please contact:
Dorene Breach, Director of Senior Ministry 281-360-5555