Kids Count at FPC-Kingwood!
“Jesus said to them, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for such is the kingdom of God.” Mark 10:14
At FPC-Kingwood we want kids to get to know Jesus. We partner with families to help kids develop a faith in Jesus Christ that lasts a lifetime. We partner with the First Pres congregation to help kids discover their place in the worship and service of the congregation. Our ministry programs are kid-friendly and faith-building.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
VBS July 29
Sundays At Kingwood With Kids
Nursery: The nursery is open throughout the morning, beginning with the 8:15am worship service. The nursery staff welcomes infants through 3 year olds.
Kids’ Church: Kids’ Church is a worship experience designed to give children an encounter with God through Scripture and an opportunity to respond to God using art, story-telling and other open-ended activities. Offered during the 9:35 and 11:05 worship services, Kids’ Church is for children 4 years through 2nd grade, following the children’s message.
Sunday School: Sunday School is a discipleship experience where children engage the Scripture story. Interactive lessons present the stories of the Bible and kids explore how the Bible applies to their daily experiences.
Interested in what other ministries we have going on for children? Check out these ministries:
- Ignition: Ignition is a mid-week ministry for children in kindergarten through 3rd grade.
- Accelerate: Accelerate is a mid-week ministry for 4th & 5th graders.
*Please click here to register your child.
- Children’s Choir: Children’s Choir meets on Wednesday afternoons. For more info, please see the Music Department page or contact Sandy Campbell ([email protected]), our Children’s Choir Director.
- VBS: Please visit our VBS page here for registration and a recap of last year’s Vacation Bible School.
- Sacraments Class: Taste & See is a two-session workshop about the Sacraments of baptism and communion. Offered in the spring of each year, children kindergarten through 5th grade attend both sessions with their parents who are active participants alongside their children. The workshop prepares children to take part in communion by helping them understand each sacrament and what it means to participate in communion. Children do not need to have been baptized prior to taking the class.
For more information, contact Beth Jewett, Director of Children’s Ministry, in the church office(281.360.5555) or by email at [email protected]
Stay Informed about Children’s Ministry!