First Presbyterian Church-Kingwood is open to all that confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and desire to unite with us to serve and worship the Lord.
There are three ways to join:
- Profession of Faith and Baptism-All members of FPC-Kingwood must be baptized. The church recognizes all baptisms with water in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit administered by other Christian churches, or will administer baptisms for joining members as part of the Profession of Faith.
- Reaffirmation of Faith-For those who may have confessed Christ in the past but wish to reaffirm their commitment.
- Transfer of Membership from another Christian Church.
Those interested in joining FPC-Kingwood can attend a Connections Course which is offered several times throughout the year during the Discipleship hour. To register contact Mark Smith in the church office by phone at 281.360.5555, or by email: [email protected]. You can also join the church after any worship service by simply making your request known to an elder or one of the pastors.
Being a member of FPC-Kingwood isn’t so much about meeting requirements or having your name placed on a membership roll; it’s about taking an important step on the journey of Christian discipleship with the people of this congregation. The membership process will introduce you to our church community, help equip you to be part of it, and prepare you to join with us in ministry.
- Becoming a member at FPC-Kingwood provides the chance to affirm your commitment to God and his people, as well as the opportunity to commit yourself to this specific part of God’s family that will nurture you as you continue to grow in your faith.
- An affirmative answer to the following questions is shared by all members of FPC-Kingwood:
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
- Do you trust in God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
- Will you, with God’s help, be a faithful member of this church, participating enthusiastically in worship; seeking regular opportunities to grow and renew your faith commitment; sharing proportionately and systematically your gifts of time, talent, and financial resources – all to the Glory of God?
- Will you seek the fellowship of the church of Jesus Christ wherever you may be?
According to the Book of Order, one becomes an active member of the church through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and acceptance of His Lordship in all of life.